* M.A. Education (Summa Cum Laude); B.A in English and B.A in Speech and Theater (Magna Cum Laude),
Montclair State University, NJ
* Student Teacher Supervisor/Evaluator, Montclair State University
* 30+ years teaching experience in middle school, high school, and college - taught courses in English, Literature,
Reading, Study Skills, SAT and ACT Preparation, Research Methods, and Literary Genres 101 and 102
* Teacher of the Year Nominee - 4 of 5 years in the CHCCS system
* Design Team Representative - CHS - opened CHS in 2007
* JAG Founder and Adviser - CHS
* Founder/Director of ColPrep Tutoring, Inc. from 2008-2018; sold business to team member
* Independent College Consultant at Select College Consulting from 2018 to present
* Active Member of National Association of College Admissions Counselors (NACAC)
I meet virtually with students, so there is no traveling. And yes, students, you may wear your pajamas to our meetings if you wish to - I won't tell. :)
My ultimate goal is for my students to feel stress-free, confident, and excited as they prepare themselves for college or career. I love my job and strive to develop individual relationships with my students. Since each student comes to me with unique goals and needs, I do NOT offer packages. We determine the best services for the student and I tailor those services to the individual student. I'm a one stop, ala carte destination. I don't charge for what you don't need as many other businesses do.
I do offer incentives for referring a friend or family member to me. See the first page of my website for more information.
A little personal info: My two sons grew up in Tarheel Country and graduated from Chapel Hill High School. Ryan and his wife live here in Chapel Hill with my adorable granddaughter. Evan is in LA, working as a voiceover actor, songwriter, and entertainer. When I'm not happily meeting with students and families, I love pickleball, Zumba, water aerobics, walking,/hiking, reading, writing, cooking, and any kind of games and puzzles.
I look forward to working with you!