Summer Seminars and ACT/SAT Accessments!
Keep your brains charged and ready this summer! LSCC and CPT are once again offering
our summer seminars and SAT/ACT Assessments!
You choose the week that's best for your summer plans, and then we match students who are interested in the same week and time window. It's that easy!
We will run a seminar with a minimum of two students and a maximum of five students. We keep them small so students have a comfortable environment in which to ask questions and grow in their knowledge. And the best part? Every one of these seminars can be added to the college application as an extra curricular activity!
Have an idea for a seminar not listed here? Let us know. Are there students who would like to form their own seminar group? No problem. Want to recommend someone to our seminars? If they register, you earn a credit toward your own reservation fee.
2021 Summer Seminars!
1. Gearing Up! Organization and Study Skills Strategies for Rising HS Freshmen
2. ACT and SAT 101 - The Basics 3. Writing the Research Paper
4. Mastering Grammatical and Mechanical Conventions Through Student Writing
5a. Critical Reading Strategies -Fiction 5b. Critical Reading Strategies-non-fiction
6a. Crafting the Essay - fiction 6b. Crafting the Essay - opinion/persuasion
7. In Between the Lines (drama - developing character)
8. Creative Writing 9. Professional Strategies for Networking and Interviewing
10 Young Adults Readers Roundtable 1 (Grades 6-8)
11. Young Adults Readers Roundtable 2 (Grades 9-11)
12. Get Ahead! Foundations of Math II 13. Get Ahead! Foundations of Math III
14. Get Ahead! Foundations of Pre-Calculus 15. Get Ahead! Foundations of Chemistry
16. Strategies for Success in the Biological Sciences: Primary Literature and Research
Have an idea for a seminar not listed here? Let us know. Perhaps we can run it!
Do a few friends want to form their own group? No problem.
Want to recommend someone to our seminars? Feel free to spread the word. If they register,
you will earn a credit toward your own reservation fee.
For a more detailed description of each seminar, click on the link below.
To access the Summer Seminars Survey Interest Form, click on the link below: